By law, Property Agents are required to join a government-authorised consumer redress scheme. The purpose of this is to give consumers of the Property Agent an escalated complaints procedure if they are unhappy with how their complaint has been dealt with by the Agent.
Before making a complaint the following must occur.
1. The company is a member of the Property Redress Scheme.
2. You have written to complain about the matter and allowed a minimum of 8 Weeks for a response
3. If you have not received a response after 8 weeks or you are unhappy with the response you have received, your complaint must be made to the Property Redress Scheme within 12 months of your last communication.
Please note (information taken from the PRS):
1. There is no charge for a consumer to raise a complaint.
2. A consumer can withdraw from our complaint process at any time.
3. Consumers are not required to be represented legally or otherwise to raise a complaint.
4. The complaint process is set out in our conditions of complaints if the matter requires a propose decision you will receive this within 90 days of us receiving the full complaint file unless the matter is
particularly complex and further time is required.
5. You can raise the complaint online or by posting us the complaint form and your evidence but we would
recommend you use our online form.
6. WE RECOMMEND YOU SET ASIDE AN HOUR TO COMPLETE THE ONLINE COMPLAINT FORM TO COMPLETE IT ALL AS FULLY AS POSSIBLE AND HAVE ALL RELEVANT DOCUMENTATION TO UPLOAD AS THERE IS CURRENTLY NO SAVE OPTION WHILE COMPLETING IT.
To begin a complaint click this link.
Authorised by the government to protect deposits for tenancies in England and Wales the Deposit Protection Service is the biggest provider of deposit protection in the UK. They’ve been providing a simple, hassle free service for over 10 years, and in that time have looked after more than 5 million deposits, so you can rely on them to keep your deposit safe.
UKALA Client Money Protection is a Client Money Protection Membership Scheme that protects any money held by their members (including Jump-Pad) on behalf of their clients should the member misappropriate it.
To comply with requirements set by UKALA for handling of client money an agent must:
1. Have set up a separate bank account for clients’ money;
2. Have the title of their Clients’ money bank account easily distinguished from other accounts of their business;
3. Have in writing from their bank confirmation that all money is held by the business as an agent;
4. Have the banks written confirmation that the bank is not entitled to combine the clients’ money account(s) with any other account or to exercise right of set-off or counterclaim against money in that accounting respect of any sum owed to it or any other account of the business;
5. Have and maintain systems and controls which enable you to monitor and manage clients’ money transactions and any credit risk arising;
6. Have accounting systems and client data securely controlled and protected;
7. Obtain client’s written approval to make payments from their account;
8. Bank all clients’ money at the earliest reasonable opportunity;
9. Nominate authorised staff to handle money
10. Ensure that records show any and all cash transactions
11. Reconcile client accounts together with bank and cash balances at regular intervals in order to demonstrate control over the accuracy and completeness of accounting records;
12. Ensure there are always sufficient funds in the account to pay all amounts owing to clients; and
13. To pay amounts owing to clients as they fall due without delay.
WINNER 2023 Customer Service Awards - Best Agent in Newton-Le-Willows
Jump-Pad has been recognised for delivering outstanding customer service to its clients by winning Best Agent in Newton-Le-Willows at the ESTAS, the biggest award scheme in the UK residential property industry.
The ESTAS Awards honour the best agents, conveyancers and mortgage brokers in the UK. The awards are powered by the ESTAS online customer review platform, which enables property professionals to demonstrate the customer service standards they deliver for their clients. ESTAS reviews can only be completed at the end of the property transaction and a strict verification process ensures reviews are genuine. This years shortlist was calculated following the evaluation of 300,000 customer review ratings.T
Jump-Pad has been independently identified as one of the top 5% estate agents in the country and featured in the 2021 Best Estate Agent Guide, supported by Rightmove
The Best Estate Agent Guide is a website that lists the top estate agency branches in the UK. It was compiled by the Property Academy – an organisation set up to improve business performance and service standards in the property industry – with the support of Rightmove, the UK’s leading property portal.
There are c. 15,000 estate agents in the country and Jump-Pad was awarded Highly Rated in Sales and Exceptional in Lettings, putting us in the top 5% of estate agents in the country.
Over 3 billion data points were analysed by Rightmove, looking at factors including marketing, property views, enquiries and performance to ascertain the best performing agents. In addition, the Property Academy carried out 50,000 mystery shops to assess customer service levels.
The British Property Awards use multiple data points and mystery shop estate agents to identify the leading estate agents in each area, identifying those providing the highest levels of customer services.
Estate agents who receive a GOLD award within their local area are then entered into the regional awards. We are delighted to report that Jump-Pad was awarded GOLD within the NORTHWEST UK region.
Please use this link to the British Property Awards website.